Cranberry sauce is always a Thanksgiving tradition in our home. Nothing compares to homemade cranberry sauce. The kind in the can just doesn’t make it to our table anymore. I hope after you try this simple recipe you’ll feel the same.
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a sauce pan combine water and sugar, bring to a boil. Stir sugar until it dissolves in water.
- Add cranberries. The berries will begin to pop and burst open. After bursting slows, reduce heat to medium and stir gently.
- Add lemon juice and cinnamon; Cover and let boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let completely cool to room temperature.
- Jar or place in a container with a lid and refrigerate.