Being a new mom is one of the most exciting times. The joys of motherhood can become overwhelming quickly. I have two kids that are 11 years apart in age. When I became a new mom after such a long time it felt like I was starting new to everything. It doesn’t matter if you have one child or many, every one you use a few tips to help new moms survive that first year.
*This post is sponsored by Savings.com, however all opinions are my own.
The minute I found out I was pregnant I started planning for everything. With a new baby in the house, things can become chaotic and off schedule if you are not prepared. The main thing I do to prepare is start stocking up on things.
There were a two main things I did when to get ready baby and they made my life much easier. As a new mom, I have figured out a few simple tips to help new moms survive and transition to new motherhood easier.
Preparing For A New Baby
The moment I found out I was pregnant I starting looking into my FMLA policy. In my mind, I knew what the policy was prior to us trying to conceive, but I jumped in deeper once those two lines appeared. Obviously no matter how long you have been trying for a baby, having extra cash if you are a working couple is a blessing.
Cover Your Maternity Leave
- The first thing we did was stocked extra cash away so that I would not miss any income during my maternity leave. My first tip to keep your first months of pregnancy stress-free is to ensure that you have money to cover your maternity leave. Specifically if it is going to be to fill 12 weeks while you are out.
Stock Up On Essentials
- It is important to stock up on diapers, wipes, formula and all the small things that will have your partner making a midnight run to the convenience store. I stockpiled diapers in all sizes. It was the best thing I could have done to keep my husband from going out at 1 a.m. A new baby will go through a lot of diapers.
Having a Sam’s Club membership can help get you start with your stockpile and save you a nice amount of time and money. Now is a great time to get a membership, if you sign up for a new membership, you will receive a $20 gift card, as well as $25 in new member Instant Savings. A busy mom will find having a Sam’s Club membership will help with following:
- You can order your items online and have it shipped right to your door, or you can
- If you are like are like me and want to save a little more, you will love the Instant Savings. You don’t need to clip coupons, the savings will automatically be loaded to your membership card.
- Stockpile your diapers when you announce your pregnancy. Sam’s Club has some of the lowest prices on Diapers.
- Finally, stockpile your fridge with simple meals. You can prep ahead with freezer meals, or if you are too tired for that, you can always stock up on frozen foods and easy to prepare meats.
If you are ready to get started you membership, sign up today.
Win A Free Membership
Now through Friday, November 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET, Savings.com is offering a chance to win one of twenty five (25) $100 Sam’s Plus Gift of Membership Gift Cards! It easy to enter, simply add your email address here and your entered. Good Luck!
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! #NewMomsLoveSams
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and check out other ways that moms can be stress-free during and after pregnancy.