We are always rushing in my house, but on Saturday and Sunday morning we generally take a seat and enjoy a nice breakfast together. Lately I’ve been gearing the family up to start a more plant based diet, so I’ve been trying new recipes. This Spinach Monterey Jack Breakfast Burrito Recipe is fast, filled with potassium, protein and it’s delicious.
Spinach Monterey Jack Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1 bushel spinach cut stems
- 1 leaf cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 roma tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 3 flour toritila shell burrito size
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Wash and chop all your vegetable
- In a bowl whisk the eggs vigorously with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper until very well combined; let stand at room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat butter until sizzling over medium-high heat in a large skillet (or spray the skillet with vegetable spray
- Add the red and green onions cook for medium heat about 3 to 5 minutes (do not caramelize)
- Add the spinach by the handful and toss with tongs until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside
Finishing the Dish
- Heat tortilla shells according to package directions.
- In another skillet heat 2 tbsp of butter until sizzling, pour in your egg mixture. Scramble the eggs using a combination of stirring and flipping. While the eggs are still moist but solid turn off heat, and scramble until you reach your desired fluffiness (between 15-30 seconds longer)
- Assemble tortilla shell with spinach, egg, sliced tomato, and top with shredded monterey jack cheese and cilantro to taste. Enjoy with your family!
**Hint to increase the portion just double the ingredients!**