Summertime in Chicago is the best time to get out an explore the city. The skyline is beautiful, there is always something fun and exciting to do. When it finally warms up here, the beaches get full and the festivals are in full effect. Here is a list of 10 Things To Do In Chicago during the summer with kids of all ages.
The best Chicago attractions are a bus trip away or if you feel like venturing furthering out, you can always hop on the Metra for a train ride or in the car to the surrounding suburbs for even more attractions. Chicago has much to do even if you are watching your budget. Don’t forget the fireworks displays, free movies in the park, festivals, and food trucks happening throughout the city all summer long.
***Images credit to jas.aesthetic, go follow on Instagram.
Here are a few ideas to help kick your summer in Chicago off to a good start and make every weekend count. 10 Things To Do In Chicago Kids Summer.
Click the image below to print the FREE check list for your guide to fun in Chicago.
10 Things To Do In Chicago Kids Summer Fun
- Farmer’s Market: Get up early with the family and go shopping a local farmer’s market. During the summer months Chicago has many to offer in different neighborhoods.
- Millennium Park: Plan a trip to Millennium Park, it is perfect if you just want to go and have a fun with the kids, however the park has events going on often. Check the calendar to plan ahead for a great time.
- Shedd Aquarium: The Shedd Aquarium is an amazing treat for kids of all ages. I totally understand that the price can be lot if you have a large family. Check the site for free days and Groupon for discounts.
- Bronzeville Children’s Museum: I love the Bronzeville Children’s Museum and they have special events going on through the summer. Everything is family friendly. Check out my review from earlier this year. If you decide to go leave me a comment and show some love on Instgram!
- Starved Rock State Park: If you love the outdoors plan a FREE guided hike to Starved Rock State Park
- Buckingham Fountain: One of the largest fountains in the world is right here in Chicago and has water shows that occur every hour on-the-hour and last 20 minutes. Don’t forget to check out the fountain whenever you can. The lights are beautiful at night!
- Yoga Class: There are always fun yoga classes going on throughout the city. I quick google search for free yoga classes near me will give you a list of what you are looking for.
- Home Depot Kids Workshops: Home Depot offers Kids workshops on scheduled Saturdays every month. Kids get a chance to build a specific project with real tools and all kids get to keep their artwork, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. I did this with my daughter when she was younger and she loved it. Check the calendar for the classes.
- Michael’s Classes: Michael’s offers arts and crafts projects for kids. Check your local store for events and classes.
- Book Fairs: Chicago has book fairs throughout the summer and across the city. A google search for fairs near you will lead you in the right direction.
I hope you summer is safe and enjoyable. Don’t forget to print your FREE checklist so your summertime Chicago is the best! As always to stay in keeping up with all the latest happenings subscribe to our newsletter and join me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!I hope you summer is safe and enjoyable.